Tuesday, March 25, 2008

On the Road with the original florida kid - week 20

"On the Road" with the original florida kid
Hello again fellow truckstars! You're on the road with the original florida kid........
Week 20 is in the log books.........or not.....
Grandma, Barbie, Pup and everyone here at the ranch say
"Happy Holidays" and "Hey!"
"Kitchen Table Talkin" -
Well I got one last run in just before Christmas, I picked up a boat from the Pensacola, Fl area and took it to the port in Brunswick, Ga. just after a Kentucky to Palm Beach run. It was only a 1200 and a 1400 mile run and both went well.
I'm off for a few days and it feels good but I'm already gettin' that urge to get back on the road!
Know what I mean truckstar? Yeah you do...........
I hope everyone had a great holiday season - I did. Barbie and I didn't go crazy with the spending this year we spent, maybe, a hundred bucks on each other. We were, most of the morning, Christmas morning, alone together for the first time in many years. Barbie had a couple of cancer operations in 07', as many of you know from previous blogs of mine, and I just couldn't help feeling that there couldn't have been a greater gift anyone could ever give me than Barbies life. We became closer than we might have, had she not gotten ill this past year - So - this year Christmas was extra special for me.........other kinds of gifts just didn't matter. It's just stuff anyway.......
I have to start saving now because next year I'm buying her a horse............she's so good with animals and she's always wanted her very own horse, a mare of course, so............I know, I know how much they eat..........
Grandma exhausted herself cookin' and bakin' and fussin' over the dinnerware and the decorations, but she really outdid herself, I wish you guys could have seen her in action, she's definitely the Grandma Poster Girl........
it was the best Christmas ever......
Alright - the bulls, the blood, the dust and mud - the PBR is back for another season - minus Tater who retired, and one, Justin McBride, for a few months - he's re-habbin' that shoulder he had ripped out earlier in the 07' season J.B Mauney seeems to be okay on that hurt leg of his , he did real well last weekend in Atlanta and just this past weekend too in New York City finishing last night in second, a close second, behind De Oliveira, the Brazilian kid I told you last year to look out for. He got kicked last night somewhere low and appeared to be in pain at the end of it all but he's a tough cowboy too. Chris Shivers almost ruled the event but a last round buck-off ended a first place finish hope. Adriano says he's retiring. I know for a fact he's playin' hurt - been playin' hurt - and bull ridin' won't be the same with out him..I'm tellin' ya..........
Man...I need my NASCAR fix.................how bout' you truckstar?
Been watchin' what you eat? Hmmmmmm? With me I have to watch the cheese and salad dressing. I overload on that stuff, then of course I pay the price having to suck it in to button my Wranglers......not to mention a serious spike in my cholesterol level..........know what I mean Vern?....
Also - a little tip on bread... that's right - bread. Whole grain bread is good for you - white bread is NOT. The bleaching not only causes or contributes to cancer but it also burns the vitamins and grain properties out of it and the synthetic vitamins they add are - well - crap. You've heard about "empty carbs"? that's what that term means, or rather, what they are referring to. Plus - whole grains have a cleaning effect on the lower intestine and colon, not just a good source of "real" vitamins. Remember - I want you to find a good place, on the road or at home, where you can buy "whole food organic" vitamins. I'll talk more about them in the next few weeks. I'm still setting up my site (www.thetruckstar.com) and the internet talk radio station, you'll be able to access it from the site, after a free program download of a software to reel in the station to your computer and/or cell phone. If I can find a good supplier of them I'll have a link or a store on my site. Don't worry I'll find a good co.
More on that next week......and also I want to talk about synthetic vitamins and so called "enriched foods"(otherwise known as foods that processing or freezing kills all the vitamins in so they have to add low-grade fake vitamins.....why? I don't know - ask them......maybe it's more profit and longer shelf life........Kraft, Pillsbury, Betty Crocker etc.)
I don't know about you but I plan to make this the best year I've ever had. Don't keep lookin' back.....you might run into a parked car.......keep your eyes on the road up ahead.....the best is ALWAYS up ahead.....believe it!
Next weeks edition will come a little more on time I've been on the road so much and I don't have my mobile web laptop yet......(more on tech and industry news, too, next week)......so until then........
The next few issues will bring back all the different departments everyone seems to enjoy so much, including the Wanted:Heroes, Health Department, Cowboy Corral, Jukebox, and Truckstar Tech. and a few new dept's., like The History Book. I like history, not just trucking history but American history too. I found out there are a lot of Civil War relic hunters, for example, and I find this kind of thing very interesting.
Also a new section I'm calling - TRUCKSTAR KIDS - (check out these sites for kids, http://www.howtoons.com/ and http://www.truckerbuddy.org/)
I'll be writing a weekly series on the exciting adventures of Johnny Duke, and his computer wiz kid pal, Tommy "the Hacker" Dawn, as they solve crime mysteries, while on the road with Johnny's trucker Dad.
12 year olds who want to be a trucking detectives when they grow up.....
The adventure begins when Johnny thinks he sees a suspicious vehicle following them from a hazmat pickup in Miami, Dad says it's nothin' but Johnny and Tommy think otherwise.......Tommy's runnin' the plates...don't ask how..........
Don't forget about abused kids and our neighbors in West Virginia !!
Write down the following web addresses, bookmark em' and make it a regular part of your web surfing! To find your Representative - www.house.gov ( just enter your zip)
To find your Senators - www.senate.gov - scroll to your home state.
Write them often, tell your friends to write them often....and tell them too that prices are not going to go down on Mexican shipped goods either......just more dope, crime, junky trucks and bad drivers, accidents and public costs.....Keep the political pressure up!
Remember - no paycheck and no load is worth dyin' for......
Don't forget about National Truckers Prayer Day -
contact Billy Mack on Bozo Radio, or the other radio trucking shows!
Billy Mack on(XMchannel171) Bozo radio's Open Road Phone Line,
12noon - 4:00pm, mon thru fri - call him at 817-451-6055
Don't forget too, truckstars - if you're lookin' for a critter - I highly recommend you start lookin' at:
www.aspca.org and www.hsus.org (humane society) I see lots of drivers with little buddies on the road, I like the Jack Russells......
Well alright - that's it for this week truckstars!
Pray for us all, our nation, the world and the lost..... and try not to worry!!
God hears prayers, trust me........I know......
Watch what you eat and watch the road !!
As always - I want you to remember - I love ya and I'm prayin' for ya!
Play nice, drive safe and pull it on home...........you're on the road with the original florida kid......we gawn..........

No comments: